Dreadlocks have survived thousands of years and that’s why is the coolest hair style! In simple words, dreadlocks is the technique when rope-like clumps of hair formed by your hair getting matted together. Despite dreadlocks are mostly connect with the African culture, people from all the races and cultures using dreadlocks in their hair.
If someone chooses the most natural way to create dreadlocks, by forgoing combing, brushing and cutting his/her hair together, the dreads might need years to mature. Of course, there a lot of ways in order to bring the expected result in much lesser time. Therefore, some of the most often used are backcombing, twisting and dread braiding. Our experts in dreadlocks in North York have experience in all the ways, in order to be able to create perfect dreadlocks!
Twist & Rip Method
Twist and rip is the easiest from the techniques mentioned above, and is the one we are going to analyze a deep further. Let’s take it step by step:
- Section off all your hair. Dividing the hair into sections and tie them up with rubber bands.
- Washing the hair and rubbing it in one directions (like clockwise).
- Letting hair dry naturally till it’s completely dry.
- Waxing & palming roll. Ripping apart each section of hair. Then, we are applying wax to it and forming the dreadlocks.
Tips for better maintenance the dreadlocks
- Leave them unwashed the first week.
- Using residue free shampoo when washing them.
- Ensure dreadlocks are always completely.
- When you are feeling that the dreadlocks are loosening up, apply some dread wax.
Finally, dreadlocks is a hair style that requires experience and well trained staff. Our experts in dreadlocks in North York can ensure you that you will the best possibly result. Also, we will provide you with guidance for better maintaining them, so they can last longer. For more information or to schedule an appointment fill the form below or just give us a call at (416) 566-7269.